You're A Quilter When...
So when do you know you’re a quilter? Here are a few tell tale signs from Bluebird Gardens!
Signs You're A Quilter
Tell Tale Signs You Are A Quilter
Thinking about making quilts? It's not for the faint-hearted, and it helps to have a room you can close off!
Here is a fun and simple test you can take to determine your potential for being a quilter:
- You have a pile of quilting pattern magazines with dog-eared corners marking favorites and ones you think you can try making.
- You get down just thinking about having to miss a local quilt guild meeting.
- When you think of having to make a quick exit, you can't decide if family photos or grandmother's quilt will be the first thing you grab.
- You pick up old cutter quilts at auctions because you want to see the detail work up close and you could make that into a fun vest.
- At book sales, you end up buying the same quilt book sitting at your bed side - several times!
- You find yourself popping into fabric and hobby shops just to see what's new
- in the fabric section.
- You have a secret stash of fabrics that have been purchased with no particular use in mind except that they would make "a great quilt someday..."
If you have two or more of these signs, you are on your way to being a quilter. Welcome!